The Nevada Heritage Foundation is purposed to promote the understanding of agriculture and its importance. This is achieved by providing financial support and encouragement for education, training and research that relates to or benefits agriculture.
The rich tradition of agriculture is recognized for its significant contribution to the economic, cultural and social development of the state of Nevada. The goals of the foundation are to support agriculture in the future through education.
Continuing Education Scholarship
- This scholarship award is presented to selected student(s) beyond their freshman year, enrolled in either a traditional or a non-traditional course of study in agriculture and agri-business. Studies may include two or four year degrees in universities, colleges or technical schools. The 2016 award of $1,000 is up for grabs.
David Fulstone Scholarship
- Dave Fulstone II was a past president of the Nevada Farm Bureau who dedicated his life to the well being of Nevada agriculture. He was passionate in his support of a sustainable agriculture industry in Nevada and was never afraid to tackle the tough issues or face strong opponents in defense of the agriculture industry and producers. The scholarship committee desires to provide financial assistance to students who exemplify those characteristics.
Where the Money Goes
Enhancement To Nevada In the Classroom
- (AITC)Program to building an awareness in our youth of where their food comes from.
Support for Training Seminars for Persons Involved in Production Agriculture
- To expand their knowledge and skills, to develop the ability to express so they can be more effective in public participation opportunities.
Promoting Nevada Agriculture at Fairs and Other Events
- To stimulate interest in our agriculture heritage.
Educational Tours for Teachers or Outstanding Urban School Students
- To develop an appreciation of agriculture and understanding of the issues facing the industry.