Nevada Young Farmers & Ranchers is a committee designed for young individuals who are both agriculture producers and enthusiasts between the ages of 18 and 35 years old.
What Does The Committee Do?
- Leads the State YF&R Program.
- Plans leadership, community outreach and other events for the state.
- Provides guidance and assistance to county YF&R programs.
Current Committee Members
- State Chair: Dann Mathews of Pioche.
District 1: Ashley Bunker of Logandale.
- Includes: Mineral, Nye, Esmerelda, Lincoln, & Clark Counties.
District 2: Kari Brough of Elko.
- Includes: Humboldt, Lander, Eureka, Elko, and White Pine Counties.
District 3: Anna Lekumberry of Carson City.
- Includes: Lyon, Douglas, Storey, Churchill, Washoe, Pershing, Carson.
YF&R Discussion Meet
Hosted each year at the Nevada Farm Bureau Annual Meeting, the YF&R Discussion Meet simulates a committee meeting where discussion and active participation are expected from each participant. Participants are judged based on their knowledge and suggestions about a wide variety of agricultural topics and issues.
The Discussion Meet helps build basic discussion skills, develops a keen understanding of important agricultural issues and explores how groups can pool knowledge to reach consensus and solve problems.
State winner attends either the American Farm Bureau Federation Discussion Meet or the Collegiate Discussion Meet.
YF&R Discussion Meet During The Annual Meeting will be held November 17, at the Carson Valley Inn, in Minden, Nevada. 2019 YF&R Discussion Meet Questions.
Young Farmers & Ranchers focuses mainly on spreading agricultural literacy throughout communities by helping educate elementary school children around Nevada, donating books and other materials to schools and working with the Nevada Department of Agriculture, the University of Nevada, Reno Collegiate FFA program and numerous volunteers.
- Join: Become a member of Nevada Farm Bureau
- Contact: The Nevada Farm Bureau to find out who your county YF&R chair is. Nevada Farm Bureau will connect you with young farmers and ranchers in your county.
- Attend: Your county YF&R chair will invite you to participate in socials, trainings, tours, and more. Participate! You will gain invaluable knowledge, wonderful friends, and have a great time.